Friday, November 24, 2017

.... and another quilt

Oh my goodness .... how happy am I these days?  Very HAPPY!  Another quilt is done.
This is my Red & White Patches and it joins my other red/white/neutral quilts that have already been done.

Slowly, our home is making its transition from autumn decor to Xmas decor and these quilts are wonderful to help bring in the holiday season.

Details of this quilt:
This quilt got started as a quilt-a-long and I had to dig back in my archives to find out who started this challenge.  It was Allyson from Fat Cat Quilts (she no longer blogs) and Nicole from Sisters Choice Quilts.  They finished their quilts way back when, but it took me longer to finally get mine quilted.
Quilt Batting:  80/20 cotton/poly
Quilt Size:  finished 87" x 89" (top size:  92" x 93")
Top Started:  November 2009
Top Finished:  January 2010
Quilt Finished:  November 2017 (it sat on the shelf for many years....so sad)
Machine Quilted by Tella in Toronto.  Again, thank you Tella!

Is this the end of my red/white quilts?  Not a chance.  My stash has grown since this quilt was started and there will definitely be more to be added to this collection.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

julieQ said...

How lovely! I loved their quilts, and now I love yours!

Kat Scribner said...

It is a gorgeous quilt. Congrats on the finish!

Frog Quilter said...

Red and white are classic quilts. Love it!

Chookyblue...... said...

its beautiful.........always love red.........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow,,,,looks fantastic ❤️

Raewyn said...

What a beautiful quilt and fabulous finish! Perfect timing too :-)