Sunday, November 12, 2017

Snow tumbling

Not me ..... the quilt!  I was very careful going up and down these stairs in our backyard to take this photo.  I've been waiting for snow to do this and finally this morning we woke up to a couple inches of snow on the ground.  Yep, love this photo!  You should have seen me in my pjs, housecoat and snow boots outside taking this photo earlier this morning.  If the neighbours saw me, what in the world were they thinking?!  LOL
Back inside, snow still clung onto my quilt and it had to go into the dryer for a few minutes to dry it up.  The snow was wet and very clingy.

Hanging on our dining room wall, you can get a better idea of what it looks like.  Love, love, love this quilt.  This was a Bonnie Hunter leader/ender project from 2015.  It started out as such, but then I loved working on it and kept at it until it was done.
Stripes in the border and again as binding.   In case you haven't noticed, I do have a thing for stripes in my quilts!
Details:
Bonnie Hunter Leader/Ender project - started July 8, 2015
Top finished - November 5, 2015
Top size - 86-1/2" x 90-3/4"
Finished quilt size - 84-3/4" x 88-1/2" (after quilting and washing)
Machine quilted by Tella in Toronto.  Again, thank you, my dear!

A dear friend (thank you Jeanne) loaned me her Dresden Plates template and that is what I used for cutting out my tumblers.   My fabric strips were cut 3-1/2" x WOF.  A lot of FQ's were used.  All of these fabrics came from my stash.   I have since bought a template because I can see myself making another one in scrappy fabrics and probably one in blues and one in Civil War and ......  That is how much I loved making this quilt.

So, that is one Xmasy quilt hanging up.  Slowly, the autumn decor will come down and Xmas decor will make their way around our home.  There is no hurry .... is is barely mid-November after all.

Have a great day! 

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Lovely quilt and the snow does make for a beautiful picture. A tumbler block quilt has been on my to do list for awhile.

Raewyn said...

It sure looks like you had fun photographing your quilt! Snow seems to be a wonderful background for quilt photos but I guess there is often a good story behind getting the photo! It's a gorgeous finish..those stripes are just perfect in it too :-)

Julierose said...

What a beautiful finish on this quilt...love the colors you chose...lovely job hugs, Julierose

Tina said...

Your quilt is just so beautiful!!! Wonderful job!!

Barb said...

Stunning Quilt! wonderful finish!

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful picture......really says "Canada" to me! So good to see your pretty hanging nearly done, too.

Nancy said...

Your photograph of this quilt in the snow on the steps is a perfect setting. Somehow the shapes in the quilt seem to repeat in -- or at least are set of by the steps. Not to mention how the colors work so well together. I love all your reds together and the striped border and binding are perfect. Gorgeous quilt! Did you use the same tan fabric throughout or is that scrappy, too?

Dlindgren said...

What is the measurement of your tumbler? Fabulous quilt!