Saturday, November 5, 2016

Where did my studio go?

I'll get to my post title in a moment, but first, the glorious days of autumn are gone for this year.
A bit of snow came and went.
Miss Ashes the Cat has found a nice warm spot in front of the fireplace.
I finally got borders sewn onto my barn top and some hand quilting has been started.
I say 'some' because Miss Ashes the Cat has decided
that my quilting hoop is the perfect spot for a snooze.
So 'where did my studio go?'.  Well, it is here in the dining room ....
and in the living room .....
and underneath the stairs .....
and in the downstairs bathroom .....
and in the garage ......
and a mess all over the place in my studio.
Why, oh why, oh why?

My studio is getting insulation.  It has always been cold down there, but after pulling off the drywall, there wasn't much insulation and gaps were blowing in cold air.  No wonder I have always been cold.  Now, what you see is just the first round of insulation.  There will be an additional 5-1/2" to come.  The crew that is doing the work told me that I could join them and sew while they work.  LOL  Ummm .... I don't think so.  Another week and I should be able to start painting.  Oh joy!  It truly is amazing, but just this bit of insulation is keeping me warmer than before even with the heat on.  Right now, all I have is a small portable heater and I'm warm.  I can hardly wait for the rest to be installed.
So, for now, everything has been covered in preparation for the nasty work this coming week.
I will leave you with eye candy from the last quilting day in the garage.
Have a great day!

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

how funny...........you need to insulate more to keep warm and I am planning to line the ceiling to keep me cooler..........will be a good job done.......

Jennifer said...

You have one of my favourite quilts on the dining room wall! No, I don't think I would want to work down there while the men are working.......your studio will be toasty warm and cosy now. Love the sun shining through those golden trees up on the hill, it's so so beautiful.

Ariane said...

You will be so happy once all the work to insulate is done. You will be more comfortable too work.

Deb said...

Oh my you were not kidding when you said you were not going to have access to your sewing room but you really didn't have alot to move out! you have much less fabric than when you moved in!
Soon you will be warm and toasty as you stitch away the winter cold

Kim said...

The whole house will be more comfortable once this is complete. It's going to be such a comfy studio this winter. 😊

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You have a beautiful quilting area to look forward to. And what lovely quilting you do!