Saturday, February 13, 2016

Brrr ....

-30C and -42C with the wind chill.  That is the temperature forecast for this morning.  Damn .... that is cold.  Those temps are cold enough to freeze your nostrils together if your nose is not covered up.  Watch out for frost bite.  That could happen in the matter of minutes.

This wall hanging says it all.  This is an oldie, but perfect for this morning.  (In case anyone asks, this is my design and there is no pattern available.  I've been asked often about this quilt.  Thank you!).
We have LOTS of snow.
We only venture outside if we have to.  Ashes, the cat, knows where to get warm.  Right in front of the fire.
 She also has a tent that she can escape to to stay warm.  It is well padded, dark, warm and cosy.
What about the humans in this house.  Yes, we are nice and warm too.

I've been hunkering down and sewing on my appliqué guild top.  The border pieces have all been sewn together.  I'm just sewing the tabs onto a piece of background fabric.  It is hard to see here.  My intention is for the centre to float.  That is why the outer border is cream coloured.
Well, it is time for a nice cup of hot tea.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Today it is warmer outside here than in my house. New heater has been installed but am waiting for someone to come and translate the instructions for the controls. I love all your work, especially the last one.

Jennifer said...

Brrrr......now that is cold! Today here the temperature reached 34 deg, the next few days are forecast to be 37 and 38 deg, that's a differential of 70 deg on the same day in different parts of the world - now that's hard to get my head around. I'm glad to hear that you (and Miss Ashes too of course) are all warm and snug!

Chookyblue...... said...

I cannot ever imagine being that cold............OMG
enjoy your stitching.......

Rosa said...

Fabulous quilts and hard to choose my best favorite.Our week had been windy and today all the day.

Kim said...

Sharing the cold misery with you from here in Wisconsin. Everyone looks cozy and content at your house.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Love your winter quilt...says it all about this weekend for sure! :)

Barb said...

always love seeing your winter quilt - one of my favorites!
Stay warm!!

Deb said...

ah to be retired and just enjoy life...LOL one day. Love your sampler and a great border treatment to finish it.

Quilt crazy said...

Love your winter quilt! Keep thinking I need to do some similar. Wish you had a pattern!