Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Finish

Well, well, well .... my first finish for 2016!

Maizey Daisies.  Isn't she a beauty!
This is the back.
The quilting.  Nope, I didn't do the quilting.  Kelly Schroeder from The Cottage Quilter did the quilting for me.
 I like how she mimicked the paisley in the light blue fabric and used that as the inspiration for quilting.
Feathers in the borders.

The label.  The label looks crooked here and I tried to take another shot.  As soon as I put it down on the coffee table, Miss Ashes was on the sofa looking on and immediately came over.  So, no second photo.  I don't want any cat hairs on this quilt since it is being donated.
The quilt is being donated for our guilds' upcoming quilt show in September of this year.

The Dresden Plates template came from a McCall's magazine (of which I no longer have the copy but you can purchase a copy of it here) and then I did the alternating blocks on EQ7.  So, my version is different than the one in the magazine.  Which is nothing new.  LOL

Finished size:  64" x 81-3/4

This quilt was started on November 15, 2010.  Another UFO done!

I have come to the conclusion that some of my tops will be sent out for machine quilting.  So, this one is the start

Oh happy, happy days!

5 comments:

Manuela said...

Congratulation.
The quilt is wonderful.
Greetings, Manuela

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It's very cute! I know it feels good to get a UFO out of the way and sometimes "checkbook quilting" is the way to do it--congrats!

Jennifer said...

That's a very pretty quilt, and Kelly has done a great job on it! I'm thinking I may have to get a few quilts finished the same way, much as I don't want to spend the money.

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful quilt and the quilting does look amazing!

Deb said...

Lovely work, I love dresdens and they are on my list. Kelly did a great job quilting as well!