Saturday, March 21, 2015

This week in quilting

At my last guild meeting, I was asked how the renovations are going.  Very well.  The tilers have been and gone.  Eleven doors got painted (closet doors included in that tally).  It is now up to me to finish painting door frames.  We want to bring in the plumbers next week to get the toilets and taps installed.

But .... some quilting sneaked in.  I do need my play time.  :o)

On my Kaleidoscope quilt, only 3 borders to go.
This is what is being hand quilted in the borders.  Just a simple design.  Simple goes fast.  I like that!
Also, machine quilting got started on this quilt.  Stitch-in-the-ditch for the rows.  Then there will be some diagonal quilting and then some hand quilting.  Again, simple, simple, simple.
Just to keep me focused ... my pile of painting supplies within easy reach.  Got to get cracking on that painting.
Have a great day!

5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Good for you sneaking a bit of quilting into your busy days. Hope you find time to finish everything.

Jennifer said...

Of course you need to quilt today, it's National Quilting Day......couldn't let it go past without taking a stitch or two!

Sandra said...

Always fun to even just sneak in a few stitches here and there. Your quilts are very nice. Good luck on the home renovations.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a beauty! So glad you were able to quilt a bit through your renovations. It can be a stressful time as we try to co ordinate everything. But a new bathroom is well worth it.

Bren said...

Oh Rose Marie!! I have missed you. I think of you often as I have the wallhanging you made me hanging in my new home. I brought it to Wisconsin with me, of course!!
I'm hoping to catch up here with you!!! <3