Thursday, July 25, 2013

Changing the pattern

As I work along on the Promise of Spring pattern, it keeps changing bit by bit.  Some of the pattern remains, yet there is a difference. If any of you have Kim Diehl's pattern, take a look and see the changes.  There will be a lot more changes and at the end there will be a comparison to her pattern and what I end up making.
 


 
Since posting these photos, I'm planning on changing some of the pieces that have already been sewn down and I'll explain why.  The lightbulb clicked on and I have to go with the idea.
 
Come back and see more.
 
Those of you wondering about Miss Hank ..... she had the tumor removed and analysed.  It came back high grade malignant.  Right now, she is back to racing around the house, eating well and playing and wanting to be outside to chase the backyard chippie (chipmunk) and is, once again, the dominant kitty.  The cause of the tumor was from a rabies shot in the rump (which the vets don't do anymore).  If we have her for another year, we will count our blessings.  This poor kitty is sure using up her 9 lives. 
 
Have a great day!

7 comments:

Karendianne said...

Love the pattern modifications. Really sorry to read of Miss Hank. This time she has here now is a gift for sure.

Jennifer said...

Poor Hank, sending her a (gentle) cuddle! I like your variation on the design, after all a pattern is just a jumping off point.....right?

Gail said...

I'm eager to see how much your pattern changes from the original, plus I'm curious as to why you make the changes. Is it a visual thing, trying to create a better flow or genetic (ie you're wired to make your own stamp on things. LOL). Also I don't know if you ever commented on the plaids - are these old shirts or regular quilting cottons? Finally thank-you for giving Miss Hank a great home. I like the fact you're going to let here live out the rest of her life to the fullest.

Teresa said...

I love the quilt in your banner - not sure I had seen that one before. I think your new quilt is coming along nicely. I kind of like to change things up a bit myself - guess everyone has their own vision, but inspiration abounds. My cat, Felicia, had the same as Miss Hanks, and the vet told me the same.

Cathi said...

I'm so glad Miss Hank has such a great home. Please give her an extra pat from me!
I hardly ever follow a pattern either - and am interested in seeing how yours ends up. I love what I see so far.

hetty said...

I love your quilt and am looking forward to seeing how you will change the pattern to make it your own. Miss Hanks' diagnosis absolutely blows me away. She certainly is using her nine lives. Gosh! You do what you think is in the best interest of your cat and then this happens. So unfair.

Raewyn said...

It is nice to hear that Miss Hank is feeling good at the moment and I hope she continues to do so for as long as possible. I love your quilt and look forward to seeing what you do with it. I always seem to go off on a tangent with patterns too. Just wondering where is 'Promise of Spring' is from - I have most of her books but don't recognise it.