Sunday, April 29, 2012

An Autumn Trip

Finish number 4!  Happy days are here again .....  It has been a bit of a journey starting with my tutorial on how to make this quilt to plugging away at hand quilting.  Having a schedule set up to motivate me to do a bit of hand quilting each day sure paid off big time in getting this quilt finished.  I will continue to use a schedule again to motivate me any time.

I definitely will be making another one of these quilts.  The actual process of making the blocks and top was fairly quick to do.  Has anyone out there made a quilt following my tutorials?  I would love to see your version!

For those of you who wish to make one too, please look at my Labels (on the left hand side of my blog, way down towards the bottom) and look for An Autumn Trip - Tutorial.  Click on and scroll down to part one of the tutorial and go from there.

The back really shows off my hand quilting.  No wonder the lady who left a comment in a previous post thought this was a whole cloth quilt.



Here is a close-up shot of my hand quilting.


This is how my labels have been done lately.  It is quick and easy to do.  By making my labels like this, I ensure that labels make it onto my quilts since they get sewn on before the binding is attached.

Enjoy!

Have a great day, eh!

11 comments:

antique quilter said...

absolutely beautiful

Jennifer said...

Just gorgeous......and it does look like a wholecloth quilt from the back!

Deb said...

I think you missed a spot...LOL there is loads of quilting on this wonderful quilt. It would be a great memory for your last days in this house and starting a new adventure.
I am one of the lucky ones to see it up close and personal

Cheryl (copperswife) said...

I've been lurking here for awhile now. My friend, Bren, sent me over. I'm a brand new quilter, and I've really enjoyed following your projects. I'd love it if you could talk a little more about how you label your quilts. I like the finished look of the label on the quilt in this post.

Raewyn said...

Beautiful - love your quilting on it. A label like that is a good idea - I must remember this idea.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's absolutely fantastic! Well done.

Karen said...

Yay for you!!!!! Well worth the effort - is this one for you? Great idea about the label, that's usually the one thing I have a hard time doing!

Renate Bischoff said...

How beautiful! I am impressed!
It is a great pattern and your handquilting is breathtaking!

Ellen said...

Beautiful quilt and stunning hand-quilting! I haven't used your tute yet, but it definitely is on my list of quilts to make.

Carmen María said...

Great job! Really beautiful and well done.
Hugs, Carmen María.

Barb said...

your quilting is lovely!! congrats on another finish - beautiful.