Saturday, December 18, 2010

A little bit of this and that

So far, on my klosjes quilt .... there are 58 blocks quilted up (182 still to be done). I was on target by completing 5 blocks a day. Then, my arms and hands felt like they were on fire. I was doing too much hand quilting and had to stop for a few days. Nowadays, only 2 or 3 blocks are getting done per day. That means the quilt will not be ready for the deadline entry for next year Quilts Canada in London, Ontario. Boo hoo!! I'm sad, it was going so well for me. Oh well ..... So, what to do instead? Well, I found this embroidery pillowcase to complete and have been working on that. These pillowcases will go nicely with my klosjes quilt.

As well, side triangles have been added to my Just Blessings top and a few rows sewn together. A few more of the little stars need to be made and then appliqued onto the top. Then it will be time to play with the borders.

Once my Just Blessings top is put together, there are other projects waiting in the wings for their turn on my design wall.

Have a great day!

13 comments:

Lurline said...

Absolutely wonderful! I know it is very tempting and rewarding, but please take care of those precious
hands, arms and shoulders!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jennifer said...

Now that some of your Klosjes quilt it quilted we can see how it will look, it's gorgeous - but you are right to take it easy! Pretty pillowcases too, embroidery is a little easier on the hands. And I am looking forward to seeing how Just Blessings goes with its setting triangles!

Janet said...

What a shame it won't be finished in time but I think your health is the most important. The pillowcases are looking gorgeous so far and so is the Blessings quilt.

Barb said...

sorry to hear about your hand troubles. The quilting is looking beautiful.
I love the other projects too -

Mary said...

I love your Klosjes quilt. It is so soft looking. You do such beautiful work. Rest those hands.

julieQ said...

Both of your quilts are so pretty! Just feminine and gorgeous...and I especially love your hand quilting. It adds so much!

Anonymous said...

Rose Marie, the quilt is looking great! I can't hand quilt due to joint pain so most of mine is done by machine. I am still hand piecing my GFG which is still either a UFO or a WIP, not sure which, but might get completed in this lifetime. Merry Christmas to you.

Bunny said...

Your quilt is just gorgeous I do also love the Just Blessings quilt is there a pattern out there for it. I did a search but did not find it.

Karen said...

So sorry you will miss the deadline, but listening to your body is more important! There's only one you :).

Teresa said...

I am so sorry that you have had to slow down on your quilting - I just continue to admire and love that quilt! My hands cramp on me when I hand quilt, but I am finding that stick and stab method is working great and no hand cramps.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love all these projects you're making but I'm so sad that you are having pain from the quilting. Take good care of yourself :)

Cathi said...

Your klosjes quilt is going to be stunning -- no matter when you finish it! I can only begin to imagine how sore your hands and arms were! Glad you stopped rather than trying to push through it!
The Just blessing quilt is going to be beautiful!

Carol G said...

I love your projects. I know how disappointing it is to miss a target deadline but giving our poor, working hands a rest is more important in the long run. They sure tell us when they have had enough!
quiltfever.wordpress.com