Friday, May 16, 2008

Some of my hang-ups



















Seriously, now, do you really expect me to reveal them to you? :o) The hang-ups that are being referred to are these. This is what I use to hang up my wee swap quilts to wall hangings.

Any kind of ruler or flat molding for windows or picture frames or carpet stops are used. The ones that you see with the green masking tape are two different sizes of carpet stops that are just taped together to extend to the correct size to fit my wall hanging.

I use Command wall tabs and just one of them will hold up a wall hanging …. they are that strong. You can use two tabs (see the arrow) placed close together on the wall so that your quilt doesn’t wobble.

When I use a thin plastic ruler and it tends to flop forward when my quilt is hung, I use a piece of cardboard from a cereal box and just fold the piece until I get the right size to just slide the cardboard against the ruler to make the fit tight and the ruler doesn’t flop.

With all the mini swaps that I have received, and those still to come, I want to group them together on one wall and these rulers, etc. will all come in handy. The beauty of using the Command tabs is that I can easily pull them off and there is no hole left in the wall.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What are those Commander tabs?

Ila K. said...

Commander is a 3M brand adhesive product (we have a 3M plant here in Brookings SD). I go one step lazier... I use the adhesive tabs alone, stick them to the wall or cabinet surface, then press the little quilt to the adhesive tab. I use the small poster pack. Bigger wall quilts I like to use the Commander adhesive spring clips.

*karendianne. said...

Very cool info here.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Great information - thank you. I love wall hangings and am looking for a way to put a small one on my bathroom door. I'll try the Command tab! I just saw one recently where someone had used a pretty tieback cord, tied to each end of a dowel and then she hung it from the cord. She coordinated the tieback cord to the wallhanging.

Tanya said...

Clever idea. I'll have to keep my eye open for these.

Betsy said...

what about the paint on the wall? will that come off once the tab is removed?

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of command tabs, but I think I must have some