Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Turning Leaves

This quilt was made a few years ago and given to another niece. She is a forestry engineer and loves the outdoors and what better pattern for her than a quilt of leaves.

In her other life, she is a professional photographer and her subject is nature.

Upon giving her this quilt, it was requested that she provide a photo of the quilt with her in it and the setting would be of her choice.

I wondered what she would choose. Living in the interior of British Columbia, would she choose a scene with a majestic waterfall; or on top of a mountain; or beside a raging river; or what? What would she choose? Next post, you’ll find out.

Here is a photo of  the back showing all the hand-quilting. Sometimes, when the design on the front is so busy, you have to look at the back to see the quilting.

Have a great day!

Pattern Source: Quiltmaker magazine #87, Sept./Oct. 2002
Edited:  Sept. 21, 2015
From time to time, I have been asked about this pattern.  You can purchase it from this place:
http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/product/Turning-Leaves/quiltmaker-patterns

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Your quilting is so beautiful, and the quilt is great, I wish I could quilt like you.

Unknown said...

The back is nearly as nice as the front, what a beautiful, cheery quilt and from your description it fits exactly the recipient. Congratulations. I am looking forward to seeing the picture she sent you. Take care.

CONNIE W said...

What a beautiful quilt.

Unknown said...

Another beautiful quilt Rose Marie. I'm ama
zed at the amount of detail in the hand quilting. Look forward to seeing tomorrows photo.

Chookyblue...... said...

very nice.........can't wait to see where she took the pic

Holly said...

Beautiful quilt and spectacular handquilting. I also love the mini quilt you made. Oh, and the handbags! Lots of goodies to see at your place :)

Nancy said...

I've been visiting your blog for several weeks now and really enjoy your posts. You have many beautiful quilts, including this one. Is Turning Leaves your name for this pattern or an "official" name. It is lovely, and quite appropriate for your niece. I'll be looking for tomorrow's photo!

Quilts And Pieces said...

The quilting is awesome! I can't wait to see what she chose!

atet said...

What a beautiful, beautiful quilt -- can't wait to see her photo of it!

Anne Heidi said...

A wonderful quilt, and I love your hand quilting! It will be fun to see her own photo of it...

~Bren~ said...

I am always in awe of your quilts...especially the density of hand quilting you choose to do. I feel the same...the more quilting on it, the more of a quilt it becomes! Beautiful.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That quilt is gorgeous!! And the quilting is just as neat as the pattern!

corry said...

That quilt is so beautiful! You did a great job on the hand quilting!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Wow, that quilt is gorgeous from the front and the quilting is stunning from the back, well done, certainly deserved display! Tracey

Carmiña said...

What a lovely Quilt, Rose Marie

Anonymous said...

preciosa muy bonita, maravillosa. Ane

Cath said...

I have been looking for this pattern to make this beautiful fall quilt for a long time....is there any way I could buy your copy of the magazine from you, or a way that you could e-mail me the pattern? I love your colour choice and your quilting is exquisite a very talented lady.

Zakarra said...

I have been looking for this pattern to make this beautiful fall quilt for a long time....is there any way I could buy your copy of the magazine from you, or a way that you could e-mail me the pattern? I love your colour choice and your quilting is exquisite a very talented lady.