Thursday, September 1, 2022

August binding challenge and Churn Dash challenge!

Wow ..... so many challenges!

Here we are 8 months into the binding challenge and no-blog Mary and I have once again completed our challenge quilts.

Here is no-blog Mary's quilt:

This is my quilt (more on this later):
Our September quilts have been chosen, but that will be in another post.

A little bit of progress has been made on my Churn Dash challenge with Chookyblue.  Only a little bit.  The edges have all been trimmed and next will be to get the borders on.  The borders are stalling me to no end!!!  I would like to make a run out to see my LAer and bring her a few tops this month.  

I had to slow down on my quilting for a few weeks.  You see .... well ..... I took a bit of a tumble and fell down three stairs backwards.  My tailbone was first to hit the floor and then the back of my head.   This time, I didn't hesitate to want to go to ER to get my head checked out.  Had a cat-scan and x-rays on my tailbone and my hand and all ok.   Had a bit of concussion from the head knock.  The headaches have now gone and my hand is slowly coming back to its' normal colour.  My tailbone is still sore and that might take longer.  I've been staying off devices as that seemed to bother me.   Reading books also was hard.  T.V. was ok and I watched that and dozed a lot in my chair.   The binding on my August quilt was worked on here and there as long as my right hand wasn't moved a certain way.

Did that scare me?  Heck, yes!  I'm ever so careful on the stairs now.  Lesson learned .... the hard way.

Something new ..... three squirrels came to visit me.  Oh dear, just what I needed.  More on them later.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!  

After my fall, this quote is ever more precious to me now.

10 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

crikey rose marie!!! glad to hear you are recovering but that was quite a fall...lovely churn dash there...

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm thankful you didn't break anything or have any worse injuries. I always use handrails on stairs now days, I've had a lot of close calls! Your churn dash quilt looks beautiful!

loulee said...

Sorry to read about your tumble, but glad that you are mending.
Two lovely quilts all bound and beautiful. And progress on your churn dash quilt.

Jennifer said...

Well done to you both on the bindings! Deep bruising can take a whle to heal....just keep taking it easy.

Deborah said...

So glad you are okay! I fell just like that last week but I was working on edging our lawn and so had a soft landing on the grass thankfully.

Kyle said...

Ikes! I'm glad you are okay and healing. Those are the situations that can be so scary for those who experience it, as well as a reminder to everyone one else. Glad you stayed on schedule with the binding challenge. Priorities. Take care.

Chookyblue...... said...

pleased yo hear your improving from the fall.......
way to go with the binding.......and good to see the Churn Dash quilt is progressing........

karenbbsnow said...

Oh no, how scarey! Glad to hear you are healing well and that the injuries were not as bad as they could have been.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

As you probably know by now I have a fear of falls ever since a friend of mine tripped on her bedspread when changing her bed...the subsequent injury to her spine and neck led to her being in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. They can completely change your life. You are lucky the tumble wasn't down more stairs. I'm so glad you are improving with no harm done. Thankful for you!!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Dear girl, I am so sorry! I've come to appreciate the handrail on my stairs more than ever! Hope you'll be healing up soon.