Thursday, November 28, 2019

Aren't I clever?

Just look at this quilt!  Beautiful, don't you think!

How many hours did it take me to do all those blocks .... the applique?  Why haven't you seen them before on my blog?  Because .... I didn't .... make .... them.

This is a cheater panel that I bought from someone's stash (thank you, Kelly), cut the blocks up, added sashing and borders and viola, a completed top.
For a while now, I've been wanting to have my lovely LAer (Kat's Quilts) try something different and she was willing to give it a go.

Look closely at the machine quilting.  Five different edge-to-edge (E2E) panto quilting designs instead of just the one E2E panto design.  This was a learning quilt and a sacrificial quilt in case it didn't turn out well.  We both learned what works well and what doesn't and the next few quilts will be better.

Now, this is not my idea.  Nope.  The clever person that showed a quilt done like this on her blog is none other than Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.  I don't have that link to show you, but you can browse through her blog and find that quilt.  It is from a blue/white sew-along that she had from her book "Patches of Blue".  I now have that book and it is on my 'to do' list.

Both hubby and I love this quilt and it is currently hanging in our dining room.


So there, a quilt but not really my quilt!

To my American neighbours, Happy Thanksgiving! 

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is such an interesting idea, and the quilt compliments your decor beautifully!

Kyle said...

I remember when that panel came out. It looks lovely. Perfect for fall. The different panos is interesting. Keep us posted.

Julie Fukuda said...

It truly looks authentic and especially with the quilting that sets off the design. That wall must be happy to show it off.