Sunday, July 15, 2018

Different things

Lately, I've been busy tidying up my studio and that means tidying up projects that were so-so.

Take this top, for example.  I was never happy with the outer border.  This finished top has been sitting on the shelf since 2009.  Why?  The fabric has a definitive large pattern in it and when it was cut, I didn't pay attention to that issue and my borders turned out yucky.  Some may be happy with it, but not me.
Finding a replacement fabric took time.  Over the years, fabric was purchased BUT not the right one.  That time has come and now the ripping out borders has begun.  A beautiful teal fabric that doesn't have a noticeable pattern and brown borders were found.  Perfect now.  I can see my lovely brown striped fabric that I recently bought more of for the binding.  How happy am I now?  Very happy!  
This quilt is getting that lovely striped brown fabric for binding.   Can you see my hands clapping in glee?
While I'm at it, this shelving unit has not had any of the ufo's worked on in years.  Time to remedy that.  It has been a while, my friends.  There are so many lovely projects there!
Have a great day!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I see just you mean with that border......the fabric is pretty, but not quite right. A striped border makes a quilt sing! UFOs, hmmm.......

Chookyblue...... said...

I would have the same problem. .. It would need to go for me to..... So disappointing as it is lovely ......

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I thought the blue highlighted the pretty blues throughout your project, but choosing fabrics is always hard for me. But the main thing is you have to be happy with it. Looks like you have lots of lovely projects like this one to share. Happy Stitching!

Kyle said...

The replacement is much better. I see what you mean with the other one. Looks like a lot of projects waiting for some input. You're going to be busy for a while.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Oh yes, I think you will be much happier with the new borders. You may have a lot of projects waiting, but they certainly are nicely organized--lol!

Julie Fukuda said...

I have just pulled out my notebook and sketched a pattern for that first quilt. My grandson asked for a black and white quilt for his "Big Boy" quilt and I think. after gathering a big supply of black and white prints, this would be a perfect way to piece lots of blocks using dark and light, using plenty of mediums that work both ways. I like your multi-colored effect too. Thanks for showing that one!

DreamNT said...

Great article and interesting pattern.









เว็บท่องเที่ยว