Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Scrappy Majestic Mountains

My blog has been quiet .... I've been away here and there for almost a month now.

But, behind the scenes, there has been a whirlwind of tops that have been quilted and this is one of them.

Scrappy Majestic Mountains free pattern from Bonnie Hunter.  My twist is the stars.
Oh yes, I just had to add those stars!
Many years ago, there was a fabric exchange with my friends, Debra and no-blog Mary.  We exchanged equal amounts of reds and neutrals.

This quilt sat on the shelf (for way toooo long) waiting for hand quilting.  That was never going to happen, so early this year, it finally went to a local LAer.  Thank you Ruth.

Then, at the end of July, Debra came up from Toronto and with her came these bags of quilts.  Seven quilts are in those bags.  Guess what I have been busy doing?  Binding insanity has arrived at my home!  LOL
Oh my, I have so much to talk about and show, but it can't be done in one post.  So, there will be many posts coming.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

All your quilts are amazing.

eloidastitches said...

I cannot wait to see!! :)

Jennifer said...

Looking forward to seeing those quilts!

Gretchen Weaver said...

What a great idea! The stars are so lovely on the quilts, they really add interest. Happy binding!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I just wrote down the instructions for Scrappy Mountain Majesty yesterday. I think it will be a good way to use up some older batiks in my stash. I love the setting you chose, and the stars are awesome!

Chookyblue...... said...

love your red and white quilt............wow so many quilts in the bags..........thats exciting......

Deanna W said...

I think Debra needs a lesson on binding a quilt.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! The stars are so lovely on the quilts, they really add interest. Happy binding!



ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก