Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Elf busy

Nothing exciting in my corner of the world.  I've just been busy working like an elf.

A lot of appliqueing has been going on.
Some hand quilting, too, when I need to wind down at night.
I did make a Christmas stocking and two pillowcases (only one shown here as the other one has been gifted).
A sheep got prepped for machine applique.
So nice and fuzzy.
Here is a photo of the back.  A piece of knit interfacing was sewn around the edges before the piece was turned inside out and then the interfacing was cut away to leave a bit to stablize the sheep for sewing.  Talk about fuzz .... ugggh.  It was everywhere until I learned to put my sheep in a bag and just pull at the edges and grabbing any extra fuzz that wanted to fly away.
Winter in our neck of the woods is here to stay.  Very cold weather is expected by the end of this week.  A good time to just stay indoors and sew!
I'm linking up the The Needle and Thread Network to join other Canadian bloggers this week.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, that looks so cold......I'm guessing that you won't be sitting in those chairs today? I love all your Christmas green and barn green, and yes, I can imagine that working with fuzzy sheep is no fun.

eloidastitches said...

All your projects look beautiful!! Love that little sheep quilt, and the barn quilt.