Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Feels like ...

.... home!  Slowly, but surely, our new place is feeling like home.

Hello wall quilt!  We haven't seen you since February.

Hello quilt ladder!  You were so crowded at our old place, but now you have lots of room to show off your quilts.

Together, you make a fine pair!
The hectic days of deadlines, the rush to get things done is almost over.  Most of the rooms are finished and it feels so good to just sit back and relax and do a bit of handwork. 
The painting and cosmetic work will follow at some point but we are comfortable in our new home as it is right now and love it here very much.  Curtains need to be put up and chairs to be re-upholstered, etc.   The work can be done later ..... right now, we just need to chill out.  The last 3 months have been very stressful to our body and soul.

My studio is almost unpacked and it has been a joy to discover my old tops and projects as each box and bin gets opened and put away.  My sewing machine has been found and it will get set-up one day.  Hand piecing projects are a blessing to have around for me to work on in the meantime.

Have a great day, eh!

16 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

the quilts look great on the wall and ladder..........nice to be settling in......

Dolores said...

I do hope you enjoy your new home and have many wonderful years ahead. It is nice to find things you haven't seen in a while.

loulee said...

The new place is coming together beautifully.
Pretty blue hexies. :-)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your klojes quilt looks spectacular! Having moved several times,I know the importance of getting to the point of some kind of normal is important. You have a great attitude about not trying to do it alol right now, but to take time to do the things you enjoy!

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh, I envy you that wall space. It looks like a designer house. I'm glad you are feeling setted enough to sit back and enjoy it.

Teresa said...

It just looks absolutely beautiful! Can I come and visit? Your hexagons have me fascinated. Is that a pattern you came up with? Its just beautiful. Everytime I come to your blog I get all inspired and want to try something you are doing.

Karen said...

I know how comforting it must be to see your old "friends" back up. Enjoy!

Raewyn said...

Fabulous!! Your quilts look great around your new house. What a great feeling to be settling in and getting into some regular routines. I love your hexagons, too.

Barb said...

good to hear you are settling in - everything looks fresh and pretty especially your wonderful quilts!

Deb said...

oh wowsee wowser!! look at all the room you have!! you could have at least 3 quilts on that wall. And to have the Kjoles quilt up, it is magnificent! you know it comes OFF the wall when I am there right!!LOL
Love how everything looks!
Your dining table and chairs are beautiful. I see a new cushion for the chair Awesome..

Oh RM I cannot wait till January to head on up there and share in your new HOME SWEET HOME

Deb said...

p.s.

you are starting to sound very northern aready..eh? LOL

Judy said...

What a neat space and your quilts look lovely how you've displayed them!

Bren said...

Your new home looks beautiful and the quilts just add to the beauty!

SewWhatsNew said...

Many hours of fun in your new studio. Everything looks wonderful

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks fabulous...so great to see the quilts being displayed!

Pseudo Super mum said...

That quilt ladder is a fabulous idea - I've never seen anything like it before. And your quilts are fabulous - you're really talented!