Sunday, February 19, 2012

Let it Snow

This is the mini quilt that I made for Mary of We 3 Quilters that I talked about in my last post. A close-up of my hand quilting. There is machine stippling in the tabs and in the snow globe. Everything else is hand quilted. From time-to-time, I do like to do both machine and hand quilting in the same quilt. Oh well, call me quirky. :o)

Beads were added for decorations and jingle bells were sewn onto the tabs.


Where did this design come from? From Quiltmaker's 100 blocks, vol 2.

This is the snow globe pattern.


The tab idea came from this block in the same magazine.


Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a really good hanging for Christmas! And a good idea too to use elements of different designs, rather than just copying one.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks fantastic Rose Marie

Ellen said...

Looks great - I bet she loved it!