Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Travelling hand work

Wherever I travel, hand work always comes along with me. This time around, a section of this project has been chosen to accompany me. I just couldn't transfer them onto a piece of batting as it was just too confusing to get them lined up properly. So, the stars and the connecting hexagons all got pinned together while they were still hanging on my design wall. It all looks jumbled and wonky. They got re-pinned and smoothed out onto another piece of batting ...

.... and this is how they look now. Neat and tidy. I will be very happy to finish this section while I'm away.



To all of you that celebrate Easter .... Happy Easter!

10 comments:

LuAnn said...

What a great quilt. And you are sewing 6 diamonds together and then stitching a hexagon on top? I'm going to Paducah and planned to look for paper pieces that would fit around the hexagons, but I think I like your way better. Love scrap quilts, too.

Janet said...

It's looking wonderful, I love it. A happy Easter to you too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love this project...enjoy!
Happy Easter to you!

Bunny said...

What a wonderful work of art. Love that quilt.

Julie Fukuda said...

Every time I make a quilt with hexagons I swear it is my last but never say "never" because never is a long time.

Karen said...

That is a quilt design that would very hard to do by machine. A good handwork project for sure.

Me and My Stitches said...

Beautiful! I keep thinking I am going to try hexagons - so many projects...

Barb said...

great take along project!
happy Easter

Raewyn said...

I find these hand piecing projects so addictive (I am loving my grandmothers Garden). This is a really lovely design. Have fun stitching while you are away.

Carrie P. said...

A great project to work on when you are traveling. Love those stars.