Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hand work

So, what do you do when the power goes out for a few hours (as it did today)? Why, pull out some handwork and sit back, wrap yourself in a quilt and sew. That is exactly what happened to us today and this is the project that was worked on. It has taken me a long time, but I think I have finally found my niche .... scrappy quilts. This is what I enjoy doing the most... that and old time patterns and hand piecing. Just can't get any better than that. These blocks were made using the English Paper Piecing method and they are all done by hand. Yumm .... To Geri in SC, you asked about my markers that I use? Go to the left-hand side of my blog and scroll down to the LABELS section and scroll down some more to MARKERS. Click onto MARKERS and read all the posts for do's and don'ts. Have a great day!

13 comments:

Jayne Honnold said...

So pretty!! You have a great example of making lemonade when life gives you lemons! You lost electricity and made do with hand piecing!! Good girl! I love your scrappy quilt. It's going to be a beauty.

Janet said...

I can tell your in heaven with the scrappy blocks and quilts. I would have done something by candle light too.

Julie Fukuda said...

I love scrappy and that's a winner.

Barb said...

Yea!
I love scrappy quilts.
Good for you pioneering in quilting.

Karen said...

Your hand piecing project does not seem to be blocks so I can see where hand piecing would be the way to go.

I enjoy making scrappy quilts too. Not everyone's cup of tea but surely mine.

Ellen said...

Very nice! I too love scrap quilts - they just look so wonderful.

pajudie said...

Oh, that is soooo pretty. Looks like you're making good progress. I enjoy hand work, too, and have been working on a grandmother's flower garden - it's coming along but I've got a long way to go for a queen-sized quilt. I love scrappy quilts, too.
Judie

hetty said...

I love scrappy and I love handwork. That's a great pattern you have there.

*karendianne. said...

Rose Marie - love this! Love the layout, love the fabrics and it's just a great start to another beauty!!!

Mari, Tenerife (España) said...

Hello! I have seen all your blog, from 2007 to 2011.I liked it a lot, I loved your works. Congratulations.
(Excuse my English)
sweetpatchwork.blogspot.com

Cathi said...

This is going to be fabulous!! I love scrappy quilts too -- and that pattern in scrappy is just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

It looks like you are not using your sewing machine at all, everything done by hand :)

BarbC said...

I love scrap quilts too. They just have so much life to them. I have quilts from my grandmothers and from 1 great grandmother and they are all scrap quilts and just lovely. I pulled a bunch of scraps from my stash and some fabric I have had a while and haven't used or just didn't really like and I am cutting them into usable sizes.. mainly 2 1/2" strips, 3 1/2 " squares and 5" squares. As I cut ideas come rushing into my mind for quilts to make.