Monday, September 13, 2010

Quilts by the Bay

I'm back from my trip to North Bay, Ontario. While there, I attended the Quilts on the Bay quilt show .... everytime I visit their shows, that guild just amazes me with their quilts. These are some of my favourites ... there were more, but my camera died on me and these are all I could take. Enjoy!

Stack and whack blocks that were trimmed into circles.
I can see myself making this heart quilt with all my thrift store shirts that have been collecting in a bin. The embroidery in this hanging was done by this quilter's aunt 50 yrs. ago. Lovely!

Something with a soft touch.

This lamb quilt was sweet and then when you look closer there are little blocks that have been cross-stitched.



Beautiful applique ...

... and I do love that border!

I've seen this pattern before, but I do like the variegated colour of leaves in the border.

A calender year of Sunbonnet Sue.

Then there was a slew of these woven ribbon log cabin quilts. Very eye catching.





I hope you enjoyed the show!
When we move to North Bay, perhaps some of my quilts will be hanging in one of their quilt shows?
Have a great day!

19 comments:

Rida said...

I love this quilts, thanks a lot for sharing them. I like specially the borders of some of them. Mabel.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the quilt show pics, it's nearly as good as being there! What interesting quilts, seeing other's work is inspirational isn't it.

QuiltSue said...

Thank you for the quilt show. There were some beauties there.

Mary Lou Casada said...

Great show! I especially like the applique quilts! The border of the one you liked...Yeah, would love to do something like that!
Blessings!
Mary Lou

Teresa said...

You show some outstanding quilts - thanks for sharing!

Sherry said...

Thanks for sharing you have some great photos.

Barb said...

thanks for the show and tell!
I love that lamby quilt what a hoot!
I also love that Elly applique' border, have the pattern, just haven't used it yet.

Kiera-Oona said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the whack n stack quilt. Im definately going to have to try that once all my other projects are done.

Deb said...

RM..you mean I missed one

looks like great fun and so glad you are back.
i went to Buckhorns show last weekend will post pics this weekend
oh btw go to CQA at the end of Sept there are 3 Essex, London and Ingersoll if you would like a nice drive down southern Ontario..

Vicki W said...

I love that plaid hearts quilt!

hetty said...

Great quilts! I especially love the lambs. Thanks for sharing.

Quilt Doodles said...

I absolutely love the circle stack-n-wak. Thanks so much for sharing all these quilts.

Dolores said...

Thanks for taking us to the quilt show with you. I was there a couple of years ago when they had it in May and it was a very good show.

Quilter Kathy said...

I did enjoy the show...thanks for taking us along!

Ann Champion said...

Thanks for sharing your pics of the show. It's always fun to what's new.

Quiltgal said...

Thanks for sharing your great photo's

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the quilt show because we worked real hard to make it beautiful. In actual fact you have featured one of my quilts. It is the one with a basket of stems, border of maple leaves and a border of applicqued leaves. There is also two of my close friends featured as well. Thanks.

Carol J said...

Thank you so much for sharing your photos! I am a member of that guilds in North Bay, but my work keeps me from participating and as it was I worked that weekend. Glad you had a good time while you were here, and thank you again!

Ariane said...

What a great show!! Love all the quilts.