Monday, December 10, 2007

Stockings, anyone?

I just love these patchwork stockings. They were simple to do and quick with all the quilting done by machine.
Here is the layout that was used to make them up. Browsing through my 2-1/2” squares was easy pickings and my selection came together quickly. Whatever colour was missing, my stash came to the rescue and more 2-1/2” strips were cut to add to my bins of cut pieces for future needs.

The names were hand quilted in. Originally, they were to be done by embroidery, but this way was faster to do.

Have a great day!

12 comments:

Vicki W said...

These are very cute!

*karendianne. said...

Wow!!! I so love these. How great. I'd like to make something like these...one day.

loulee said...

They look like fun to do.

Sarah said...

I've made some Christmas stockings - it's a great way to use up lots of small bits of Christmas fabric you have.
The ones you have made look really good.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Just love them.......maybe next year

Reichi said...

They are really cute! I should add them to my next year's craft list as well as a yo-yo Christmas tree.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Tooooo cute!

Jeanne said...

The stockings are really cute! They will add a nice decorative look and are roomy enough to be filled with lots of goodies.

Gina said...

What great, quick, makes. just right for those moments of panic around this time of the year

love and hugs xxx

Elsie Montgomery said...

I'm going to put these on my 'next year' list too. They are simply delightful. Thanks for posting them!

Merry Christmas too!

atet said...

Super, super cute! Love those stockings! If our family tradition didn't call for knit ones -- I'd really have to think about some quilted ones!

Jen said...

Those are so cute!!!