Friday, April 5, 2024

Scrappy Bargello

This is now a top!  Yea!  Got something finished.  With Ridley being part of the family now, I devised a plan in order to give me some sewing time.  We have playtime early in the morning and tire him out so that he sleeps for most of the morning and that is my sew time.  Yes, I'm smart!  LOL 

This pattern came from Bonnie Hunter in her "free pattern" tab section.  Scrappy Bargello is the name of this pattern.

I did it slightly different than her instructions.  First off, I didn't cut all the strips she recommended.  Looking at the photo, all the downward sections are the same fabrics placed in different locations.  All the upward sections are also the same fabrics.  This is a lap size top and instead of 128 strips, I only only cut out 64 strips.  I had to just make sure that the length was long enough to make two strips each.

Backing has been selected and this top is ready for the LAer.

I'm happy with the look and would make this pattern again and again.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I made a bargello years ago using Bonnie's pattern. It was very easy, I need to do that again. Happy stitching!

Kim said...

Your Bargello quilt is lovely. Fabulous to hear Ridley has made himself right at home.

loulee said...

It's a very bright and happy looking quilt. Great to have a finish so early in the month.

dutchcomfort said...

It's a beautiful Top!! I never made a bargello quilt, it looks like a lot of work!

Maria said...

Love the Scrappy Bargello.
Good to read Ridley has settled in .

Janice said...

I love your interpretation. It is such a cheerful quilt.

Chookyblue...... said...

One day I might get a bargello made.......