Thursday, February 1, 2024

February Chookshed Stitchers Challenge

Well, well, well .... January was a good month for me in getting stuff done for the Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge.


I was able to get borders onto my donation top and it will be going to the LAer soon.
Even though this EPP piece wasn't part of the January challenge, this was worked on and 3 rows on the top and bottom were added.  It is not part of the February challenge, either .... but will be worked on again as I do want this project done sooner, rather than later.
Last month, four pieces of batting got frankenpieced and one will be used to complete this little NICU blanket and will be part of my February challenge.
At least one of these quilts will have a hanging sleeve added.
Another thing that will be worked on is my binding challenge.  A post will be coming about that.

I am linking up to Dreamworthy Quilts blog so that you can see the other blogs that are participating in the challenge.

Before anything gets worked on .... my sewing machine needs to be cleaned and oiled and my studio cleaned up!  My studio is a dreadful mess right now and no photos are being shown.  It is a tad embarassing!  LOL

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

9 comments:

Laura said...

I really like those projects that are not a part of the challenge! Good luck this month with your progress and to-do list! :)

Jennifer said...

Well done!

loulee said...

You have some lovely projects going. It's great to be able to use up all manner of left overs and franken batting is wonderful for smaller projects.
I hope February is as good as January.

Anne Kirby said...

I know, I really have to vacuum in here but I keep putting it off so I can sew!!

dq said...

Your finished top for #6 challenge is gorgeous especially for a gift. I added you to the list of finished tops.

I love your term "franken batting".

The sewing room going from neat and orderly to messy is just a thing. I think if I were to work on only one project it would help, but I stay more interested with variety.

I am going to follow your example and clean my machine for sure.

cityquilter grace said...

ooh a busy month ahead! love the new header photo...beautiful quilt! i might just have to make a red quilt one of these days

Maria said...

Lovely #6 challenge top.
It's great using up batting by franken smaller pieces together.
good luck with your #2

Janice said...

You did very well in January and I’m sure you will continue to do so this month. A messing sewing room means you have been working in there. Mine gets out of control and then a bit sorted and before long is out of control again. None of those minimalist white rooms for me.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You did do well with the January stitching,Rose. How kind you are to make donation quilts too. I like that word...frankenpieced. I do that with batting all the time. My poor machine seldom gets a cleaning. You have great projects on the go. Happy Stitching!