Wednesday, September 1, 2021

What I've been working on!

In an effort to reduce more of my UFO's, a four more projects have been pulled off the shelf.

I have just two more of these leaf blocks to make and then I can pin all the blocks on my design wall and see where I'm at with this project.

Then, fabrics have been pulled to make more of these red/neutral blocks.
More petals are being prepped to continue working on this green/blue/yellow blocks.  
Last, but not least, borders have been decided on my Got Dots top.  I didn't realize the centre had all been sewn together until it was pinned onto my design wall.  Bonus!
Then ...... squirrel ..... a new project has been started!  I had so much fun making Red Sampler that I decided to make a new project called Blue Sampler.  There are going to be 15 leaf blocks that you see below along with a variety of pieced blocks.  So, sit back and wait to see more about this down the road.
These projects should keep me busy for a while, eh!

And .... there probably will be a few more squirrel projects popping up ....... tee hee!

My sister and I, along with my brother and two cousins spent four days at our cottage.  We had great fun, a lot of laughs, wonderful food.  You know what they say about "what happens at the cottage, stays at the cottage"!  All I will say is that we were extremely thankful that a pharmacist was in a cottage next to ours and she was able to render assistance to us.  She went out of her way to make a trip into the nearest town to her pharmacy to obtain insulin (person forgot to take the full amount needed during stay) and a monitor (it died) for a certain someone and if someone's glucose didn't stabilize at an acceptable level, that person was going with her to the hospital.   We owe her a case of wine for her kindness and her professional aid along with her educating that person on insulin and why the situation happened and how to avoid it in future!   Diabetes and insulin can be so tricky and dangerous.  Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it .... yeah!

In the back is my brother, me and my sister.  In the front are our two cousins that drove up from southern Ontario.
The guys did all the cooking leaving my sister and I to sit back and take it easy.  Talk about being spoiled.  Our cousin Bob (sitting down) is a master BBQer and he gave instructions on how he wanted the food to be cooked.  The piece d'resistance was ribs on our final night together!  Gosh, they were mouth watering good!

I asked Bob if he had won any competitions and yes, down in the U.S. and at home in Canada.  So, we all knew we were in for a treat.
Cherish your day, cherish your life!

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

blue sampler is beautiful as are your gingham blocks...