Sunday, November 29, 2015

I heart stripes

When I go fabric shopping, stripes are always on my mind.  A lot of my quilts and tops have stripes on the borders.

But what about using stripes for the centre?

I first started playing with this stripe fabric.  An even print stripe.
Just by turning the blocks, I get a rail fence effect but without all the sewing and cutting.  Easy peasy.  Have you ever lost a project?  Well, I can't find this one to continue working on it.  LOL  Guess it is time to do a clean-up in my studio!
This is the latest stripe fabric that I recently bought.  It is an uneven print, but it still works for my project.
 Here it is in early stages.  Love it!
 A bit of letter prepping got under way for applique.
 This is what this top looks like at this point.  In the yellow corner stones, there will be more stars.
Must focus and get this finished and quilted.

So, the next time you see stripe fabric, think outside the box and envision a different quilt.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That will be a fun quilt......Cain will love it, I'm sure!