Saturday, November 22, 2014

Just can't leave it alone ...

When I took my Kaleidoscope top to my day guild meeting this week for show and tell, I looked at all the other Kaleidoscope tops and quilts and my border was really, really plain.

Once home, the top went back up on my design wall and I started playing with ideas for the border.

My first thought didn't go over well with DH.  He simply didn't like it.  No photo was taken as it was no longer a contender.

So, playing around again, the triangles was another idea that we both liked:
 Once the triangles were more refined, they were placed around the border.
This will be the final look.  More triangles need to be added to complete the border.  What a huge difference bits of scrap leftover strips can make!
 I do love playing the "what if" game.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh yes - that's a great border treatment!

Barb said...

wow - those triangles add a lot of sparkle and movement!

Sharon said...

Great choice. Sometimes we know it isn't finished in our heart but we don't have the idea just yet. This looks fabulous.

eloidastitches said...

Yes, that really does enhance your beautiful kaleidoscope. What a difference. WOW!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Good call--the scraps add some spark to the border!!

Deanna W said...

Sparkle for sure...great addition!