Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Had some help

My Oh Wonderful, Summer's Here project is starting to come to an end.  The last bottom section has all been prepped and pinned onto my design wall and a couple rows (see the empty space) came with me to our cottage last weekend.

So, who helped me?  My 26 month old grand neice.  She so wanted to help me sew and she did.  I would put the needle through two pieces  ...... 

and then say 'pull' and her tiny fingers would pull the thread (while I still had control of the needle) and thus we continued until she had enough of sewing and off she went onto other adventures.  Still, she would come back and help me sew again and again.  She and her stuffed bunny.  So, the procedure was I would do a few stitches, then bunny and then her.  :o)
I'm sad that there is no photo of us all sewing together.  Is there a future quilter in the making?  I'm hoping so!
Once the above rows have been sewn together, more rows will come off the design wall and this method will be repeated over and over until the last stitch has been sewn.  I'm hoping by the end of August this will be a completed top.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow - so close to finishing now! What a great little helper you have, a photo would be lovely to have as she grows.

Anne Ida said...

How precious is that! Definitely a budding quilter :-)

Mad about Craft said...

It's going to be a beautiful quilt!

Julie Fukuda said...

That is so funny because I have been doing the same thing with my granddaughter since she was tiny and mow at 6 she is sewing on her own.

Vicki W said...

Those little moments will make this quilt even more special!

Eileen said...

Hopefully, your little helper will continue to like stitching! Your quilt is absolutely wonderful; what an accomplishment!