Well, after wrestling this wicker loveseat into the back seat of my car, I drove home to see if DH could do a miracle with the seat. The wicker seating was rotten through and falling apart in places. The frame was still good and strong ... just the seat part. So DH went out and bought a 1/2" sheet of plywood and cut out a new seat. Meanwhile, I disinfected the whole loveseat with soap, bleach and water and left it to dry overnight. By soaking and left to dry, the wicker will only become stronger and I must remind myself to do that every year.
Once I got my hands on that new seat, out from my stash came foam, batting and upholstery fabric. This is what the new seat looks like now. The only money spent was $8.00 for the wood. Not bad, eh! In the spring, I'll spray paint the loveseat as the paint has peeled off in a few places. :o) Talk about being in the right place at the right time!This is what my new-to-me loveseat looks like in my wee nook in my sewing studio. Now, when We 3 Quilters (that is what our group is called .... Debra, no blog Mary and myself) meet, we will be comfy for sewing. All that is needed is one of the deck chairs to be brought inside and we are all set for our next meeting at my place The battered old trunk acts as a coffee table as well as holding all my finished tops and if one of the girls want to see such and such top, well they can just open the lid and dive in.