Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It’s Snowing

I’ve wanted to do a winter door hanging for my sister, to give their entranceway a bit of colour from the outside.

Some beading was going to be added onto the border; but after sewing on the snowflake buttons, this hanging said ‘complete’ and I just stopped at that point.

My inspiration for those little tabs at the bottom came from the SSCS swap hanging from Juliann. I must say, those tabs do make quite a nice effect and they will be cropping up now and then on future hangings.

Since I’ve been having so much fun doing stipple machine quilting, this hanging had to have some too. The border and the inside of the snowflake and on the blue portion of the tabs all have the stipple quilting.

To hang this quilt on her metal outside door, there are plastic strips sewn onto the backing with strips of photo magnetic tape stuck onto the plastic strips. The hanging adheres very well to the door.

Have a great day!

Pattern source: Snowflake appliqué came from Quilter’s Newsletter Magazine #239


9 comments:

Jen said...

If she ever needs to get rid of it...she can send it my way!

Unknown said...

Or mine....lol... very pretty.

Cathi said...

How pretty and -- well, and how appropriate with the forecast we have right now!

MARCIE said...

Nice job! It is beautiful, and I really like those tabs also! Great solution with the magnetic tape. I actually hung stuff on my metal fireplace face with that. She will love it!

loulee said...

You could send it here too. :-)

Teresa said...

Very pretty, and I am sure it will be special to her.

Unknown said...

Yes I agree it says completed. Very beautiful.

Juliann in WA said...

what a fun little quilt - enjoy the snow

Kim said...

What a great hanging idea! I do love this.